It is hard to believe another new year is upon us! 2013 sure was a wonderful year where God really blessed our little family and took us down roads we would not have ever predicted. It was not the easiest year, however, it was a year where we grew as a couple and continued to learn that despite our best efforts to be in control and plan our own destinies, God truly is in control and has the best plan. I am excited to see what 2014 has for us!
For New Years this year we got the special gift of my sweet sister. Danielle is currently a junior in college and we are lucky enough to have her for the last few days of her break! We spent last night watching the classic Dick Clark New Years Eve Special and enjoying each others company. We made a few fun and easy appetizers to celebrate the night as well. Isn’t it fun that food and family/friends seem to always go together? I’ve noticed food is always so much better when shared with these special people as well :). Here are the three recipes we enjoyed last night :).
Mexican Party Pin Wheels
1 block of cream cheese
1/4 cup of sour cream
1 cup of black beans
1 cup of corn
1/2 cup of green chilies
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cooked and shredded chicken breast
3 flour tortillas
1. Cook chicken breast and Shred.
2. In mixing bowl add cream cheese and sour cream. Mix until combined. Add cheese, green chilies, corn and chicken. Mix until well distributed. Add black beans and mix.
3. Add spread to tortillas. Wrap then cut into pinwheels. Repeat until spread is gone.
4. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes then serve.
1 lb of Ground Beef (Can also use ground turkey or sausage)
5 saltine crackers
1 tbs brown sugar
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
1. Mix ground beef with egg and add salt and pepper as well as brown sugar.
2. Crush cracker then add to meat and egg mix. Add shredded cheese. Use hands to mix together.
3. Form small meatballs. Place on a greased pan in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
4. Insert toothpicks for easy serving.
Ben’s Cheese Fries
5 Russet potatoes
2 cups of Colby Jack cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Use a fry cutter on potatoes for best fries.
2. Salt and pepper well then place in oven at 400 degrees. Cook for 2o minutes or until fries are tender. Be sure to flip fries after about 10 minutes. You can also cook these on the stove in vegetable oil instead of cooking in the oven.
3. Add cheese and cook for 5-10 more minutes. Then serve hot.