It really is the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas is such a unique and special holiday. We get the opportunity to remember the birth of Jesus and celebrate this precious gift. Every year my heart is so full with gratitude for this perfect gift that makes this season oh so special. It is also a perfect time to show we care through giving to those in our lives and those in need as well. I love the idea of thoughtful and heartfelt gifts for family and friends and try every year to focus on what each special person in my life would truly love. Part of the joy of giving these gifts for me is wrapping them with love and care. We may end up ripping the paper in excitement to see what is underneath the wrapping paper, but putting extra love into every detail, including the wrapping is so fun to me! Here are a few presents from under my tree!
I have been wanting to create a cozy space in our apartment that was perfect for those rainy days and cuddling up with a good book and I finally got around to it! I found some vintage postcards at a local book store and used old mismatched frames. I also got inspired to put some new fabric over an old pillow to create a new fresh look. This is how I did it: Organize Your Stuff. I got this fabric for cheap at this great amazon online store: Premier Fabrics. I also found a mod inspired old side table for three bucks at a garage sale :). Winning!
I recently helped decorate for a friend’s baby shower using these fun, inexpensive, and easy paper decorations. To make these all you will need is:
- 2 pieces of large scrap-booking paper per paper wheel (each wheel should cost around $0.50 if you can get the scrap-booking paper on sale)
- Hot glue gun
- Start by folding each paper accordion style.
- Place a string around the center of each folded paper.
- Then use the hot glue gun to glue top sides of each folded paper together.
- You should end up gluing down the center and on each side to form the wheel.
- You can then cut out circles to hide any blemishes or open spaces in the wheel.
- You can use these as table decorations or as I like to by hanging them from the ceiling .
It’s that easy! These can easily be used for all kinds of fun parties or as decorations in kids rooms.
I have posted that I am working on decorating our new office space but am trying to do it in the cheapest possible way. Today I finished some fun wall decor for the wall space above our new desk.
- 4 pieces of scrap booking paper (on sale currently at Hobby Lobby for $0.22)
- 4 decorative wood pieces (I got mine at Hobby Lobby for about $3 a piece for a total of $12)
- Modge Podge
- White paint
First I cut out the scrap booking paper to fit on the top side of the wood
I then painted all four of the wood peices white
After the pain had dried I used modge podge to seal the paper onto the wood. If you haven’t used modge podge before you simply place on the back side of the material, in this case the paper, then place the material on the surface. The last step for using modge podge is to put the modge podge over the top of the paper and let it sit until it dries.
Here is what my final product looked like!
Our office is still a work in progress, but it is definitely coming along!
I am currently on spring break so I have some time to do some crafting! Today I made the easiest but super cute burlap and lace table runner.
All you will need for this project is:
- 1/2 yard of Burlap (total $1.50 at Hobby Lobby)
- 8 feet of Lace ( I just got the stuff in the ribbon section at Hobby Lobby, it runs around $2)
- Hot Glue Gun
First I cut the Burlap to fit my table and preferred length
All you have to do from there is cut the lace and glue it on with the hot glue gun
Easy peasy! And soooo cheap, this project cost me only $3.50!
Here is a picture of the finished project