I LOVE fall!! I love the leaves changing, being able to wear my scarves and boots, the delicious scents that come along with this season, the beautiful colors (check out the beautiful flowers I got at the farmers market this weekend that capture some of the beautiful colors of fall!)
and of course one of my favorite parts of fall is making pumpkin everything! This super easy pumpkin chocolate chip bread is great for having around the house and for hosting. It will also make your house smell heavenly!
I got this delicious recipe from a super fun and healthy food blog called Two Peas & Their Pod. Enjoy!
1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 (15 ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin
1 cup canola oil
2/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 9×5 inch loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, canola oil, water, vanilla, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
4. Slowly blend in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Evenly divide batter between the two loaf pans.
5. Bake for 60 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove loaves from oven and cool in pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes. With a knife, go around the bread and loosen the loaves. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.
*Note-this recipe makes a lot of bread, so be prepared to share or put a loaf in the freezer for later.